Saturday, October 8, 2011

My Birchbox is Here, My Birchbox is Here!

... my Birchobox is here! I literally just ripped it open and I am already on here to tell about its contents :-) 

1) & 2) AHAVA Mineral Hand Cream: "A mineral-rich salve that softens and smoothes without any residue. Its smells pretty darn fresh, too" + AHAVA Dermud Foot Cream. Full-size retails for $20.00. I can vouch for the part about it smelling fresh... I tried it out immediately and it is definitely a purse-stuffer, as I develop a twitch when I'm not within arm's reach of lotion or lip balm. I haven't tried out the foot cream yet (I'll wait until after my shower tomorrow morning) but I always lotion my feet after a shower, so we'll see how it compares to my usual.

3) Laura Geller Spackle Tinted Under Makeup Primer in Bronze: "This hydrating primer gives you flawless foundation for makeup - plus a subtle glow. It works on all skin tones - we tested it!" Can I emphasize enough how much this excites me? You'd think with my makeup obsession I would own makeup primer, wouldn't you? I keep meaning to buy it but I just haven't yet (we'll chalk it up to my already-flawless skin not needing it). I am very eager to try this out tomorrow morning (after the shower, after the application of my other creams of course). Good thing it works on all skin tones, because I am so fair I usually recoil if you approach me with a product that has "bronze" in the name. Here's hoping!

4) Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave-In Conditioner: "This light treatment infuses hair with antioxidants and vitamins, then seals strands to keep moisture in and humidity out." This I am going to save for a day when I go curly. I was too lazy didn't have time to straighten my hair pretty much all summer, and now I am starting to get back into it. I remember back in the day I hadn't gone a moment without straight hair for years in succession, but now I like to give it a break every now and then. Anyway: I have my own hair-straightening products that I like to use (like the Miracle Leave-In by It's a 10... that stuff is manufactured on an assembly line run by angels) so I usually don't use conditioner on days when I'm going to straighten. Combining conditioner in the shower with It's a 10 results in borderline-oily hair. So on a day when I go curly I'll be sure to try this Ouidad out.

5) Juno Transformative Lipid Serum: "Celebs and models swear by this luxe cocktail of 13 essential oils, which absorbs instantly to replenish, firm, and protect skin." I hope I hate this stuff because I can't handle falling in love with a miracle serum that costs $125.00 for a full-size bottle. If you look at the includes it's literally just a mash-up of 13 oils. They weren't kidding. I'll try a pump tonight before bed.

All the reviews I've read of Birchbox are good. Some are die-hard Birchbox enthusiasts while others day you need to give it a new months before you get a really good box. I'm satisfied with my first box - it's an easy $10.00 and it's something to look forward to each month. This box seemed to be filled with skincare items, which is fine, but I am so excited to open up a box and have some cosmetics in there ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment